Sunday, October 12, 2014

True Trans

It's taken me a little while to figure out all the emotions I felt after watching Laura Jane Grace's show "True Trans". 

First, let me just say that it was amazing. I cried through all four episodes, but in a somewhat good way. Let me explain...

The show coming out now is particularly good for me and Candice. I cried the entire time because I saw her in everyone. I've heard her say all those same things before. I sat there, listening... Trying to help, but not knowing what to do or say. 

For the first time she is taking the steps towards being her true self, whatever that may look like or mean- she is on that path. 

I felt so many emotions while watching, but the most overwhelming one was the respect I felt for every person on that show, and for my wife. 

She has expressed her feelings multiple times, but having her laying in my lap, watching True Trans, and feeling her crying made things incredibly clear. 

I like to say that I've always known she would transition, but I don't think that's entirely true. 

I've always known it was a possibility, that's fair to say. Now I know it is reality. Even if she doesn't fully know it yet. Watching True Trans made me realize even more that there is no way she can not transition. 

I've had my share of fears regarding her transition, but they all went away after watching, and listening to everyone's stories. 

The most important thing to me is Candice's happiness. She is the most beautiful, perfect human I have ever known. She has shown me constant compassion through every one of battles, and it's my turn to do the same for her. 

This next chapter of her journey won't be easy, but I will be right by her side holding her hand. That is where I am meant to be. 

I know that even more now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment