Friday, June 26, 2009

the first time...



I figured i should start this thing off the right way, a picture of me and the man of my dreams. Yes, i said man, and yes that is him in the picture. My name is Chelsea, (left) and my boyfriend/girlfriend is Candice. The rollercoaster ride i am on with her started a little over a year ago. i'll share a bit of it...

I had spent 4 years being alone, not willing to settle for the right person, and not willing to waste time weeding them out, i knew he would come along. I met a wonderful guy named Cameron. I pretty much was head over heels within a few weeks. He just felt right. Cameron told me about 2 months into "dating" that he was transgendered. We were at a coffee shop here in Sacramento, when he pulled out his laptop and showed me a picture. I stared at the screen, looking at one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen. i knew in my head that this picture was indeed Cameron, but it took awhile to register, and when it did all i said was "do you do your own make-up?" to which he responded "yes", i said "you're eyeliner is amazing" slight silence took place, but not much. it didn't take him long to start asking me how i felt about it, and what i was thinking. and the truth is, i didn't know what i was thinking. and i didn't know the answer to that for awhile. the only thing i did know, was that i still cared for him, and didn't think any different. we went through lots of conversations, before he decided to dress for me in person. When i saw him, in person, there was no doubt in my mind that i didn't care at all. In fact, i knew at that point that i wanted to spend a LOT more time with him. I had been waiting to be weirded out by it, and that feeling never came, which told me, that he was the right person, the person worth my time, the one i had been waiting for.

I could write about this forever, and it could be a really really long story, and i think its a good one, however i do intend to get other people reading this, (hopefully on a consistent basis) and if i drag the story out for as long as it really is, you will lose interest and never come back.

the important thing is that within a month of him telling me, i was in love with him, and in this for the long haul.

our life together is amazingly important to me, and i will continue to write more about it, and share the stories(they are amazing) because i think they are important for others to know. My hope for this blog is to make it a safe place for other transgender people and those in relationships with them, and people in general to maybe learn a little whatt being transgendered or being with someone who is transgendered is all about. I hope that my life with Candice and me writing about can help people out there who are going through similar things. and lastly, i hope that people have fun here... and aren't shy. i am open to all questions, and what not. Enjoy Candice & Me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment